Aspiring to the Principalship
Friday, November 14 and Saturday, November 15, 2014
As a participant in our long-standing and effective training course, “Aspiring to the Principalship,” individuals who hold administrative licenses or are working toward an administrative license, will be prepared to effectively apply and interview for leadership positions. The course will also give participants an opportunity to enter their job search with insight into current issues facing education leaders in Colorado, as well as a clear understanding of the personal and professional attributes they bring to the job search process and principal position.
This course is designed to meet the needs of aspiring administrators and will contain both online and in-person course elements.
Participants of the course who are not currently CASE members will enjoy CASE Associate Membership benefits through August 31, 2015 which include access to online communities, professional learning opportunities, and advocacy and information on topics that matter most to Colorado educators.
Additionally, participants of the course will:
- Learn the job search and selection process.
- Receive personalized feedback on your resume and application packet from practicing Human Resources professionals.
- Participate in mock interviews with some of the region’s top Human Resource professionals.
- Be informed on current state-wide education initiatives and the hottest issues facing school leaders in Colorado today.
- Discover how your own personal strengths compare to the 2014-2015 School Year Rubric for Evaluating Colorado’s Principals.
- Gain clarity regarding your motivations for becoming a school leader.
- Prepare for “next steps” in searching for that “perfect fit” job in school leadership.
Following the two-day workshop, participants can take advantage of post-course support which may include:
- Tools for personal reflections and professional goal setting
- A variety of resources for ongoing support
- Access to individualized coaching for preparation and readiness for the Principalship
- Ongoing networking opportunities with hundreds of CASE members and leaders
Instructors: The lead instructors are Ellen Miller-Brown and Sammye Wheeler-Clouse. A team of Human Resource professionals and practicing principals will be facilitating specific sections of the course.
Ellen Miller-Brown, Ph.D. has varied educational experiences. She has been a teacher, an assistant principal, a principal, a Director of Middle Schools and of Professional Development, and a Chief Academic Officer. As the former Chief Academic Officer for Boulder Valley School District, she was responsible for overseeing the accomplishment of the district’s goals; the development and implementation of curriculum, support for students with diverse needs; and planning and assessment. She has taught at the high school and elementary level, but has spent most of her career in administration at the middle school level.
Sammye Wheeler-Clouse, Ph.D. is an expert in school leadership, school improvement, classroom instruction, curriculum and assessment. She has 33 years experience in education, working directly with school and district leadership on improving student achievement through research-based best leadership practices. Sammye has coached principals in Colorado and throughout the United States on implementing systemic initiatives to impact school improvement. She specializes in supporting principals and district leaders to manage the complexity of change in order to improve student learning and teacher effectiveness.
Cost of the course: For current CASE members, the cost of the course is $275. For non-members, the cost of the course is $450, which includes a CASE Associate Membership through August 31, 2015.
||Please click here to submit your participant materials (deadline, November 3).
For more information regarding course details and expectations, please contact Ryan Harrison at email@example.com.
For registration questions and assistance, please contact Leisa Sacry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.762.8762.