TO: Directors of Elementary Education and Elementary School Principals and Assistant Principals, District Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and BOCES Directors
FROM: Joe Torrez, NAESP State Representative for Colorado
DATE: November 19, 2015
RE: 2016 NAESP National Distinguished Principal (NDP) for Colorado Award
The Colorado Association of Elementary School Principals (CAESP) and the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) are seeking nominations for the 2016 National Distinguished Principal (NDP) for Colorado Award. The NDP program is designed to recognize outstanding principals whose contributions to the profession are exemplary and recognized by their peers. Elementary (the elementary school must include grades pre-K, K, 1, 2, 3, or 4, though older students may attend as well) are eligible as long as:
· They are an active principal of a school in which a commitment to excellence is clearly evident;
· They have been an active principal for at least five years;
· They will remain in active service in a position of school leadership during the 2016-17 school year;
· They show a strong commitment to the principalship through active membership in professional associations;
· They are respected by students, colleagues, parents and the community at large;
· They assume an active role in their community, distinguishing themselves as a leader in civic, religious or humanitarian activities;
· They show strong educational leadership by setting high expectations for school staff and students;
· They maintain an orderly, purposeful learning environment; and
· They are a member of NAESP at the time of the award.
The nomination form is available through the following link: 2016 NDP Nomination Form, and the deadline for NDP nominations is Friday, December 11, 2015.
Why not recognize the outstanding elementary school administrators you know? The nomination process is simple and the rewards are immense. Complete and return your nomination form today. Please contact Barb Albright at the Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE) with any questions at 303.762.8762 or email@example.com.
4101 S. Bannock Street
Englewood, CO 80110