Southern Teacher Job Fair pre-registration is now OPEN. The fair registration deadline will be March 22 but may close earlier if the maximum number of 300 candidates has been reached. If space remains, onsite registration will be available the morning of March 24, 2017 payable by $20, cash or check.
Please note: You do not have to be a member of CASE, or have a username or password in order to register. The cost to attend this fair only is $20, or $30 to attend both the Southern and the Denver Metro teacher job fairs, payable by credit card at the time of online registration. No refunds will be given if you are unable to attend, except in the event that the host cancels (and does not reschedule) the fair.
If you are coming from out-of-state, please preregister in order to reserve a place.
Individual school districts will require a copy of your current résumé. Please be sure to bring an adequate number of copies and to read the information below as it will answer many of your questions. CASPA has hosted successful job fairs for teachers in the spring of each year. In response to recent changes in the hiring process of school districts, CASPA has adapted new practices to ensure a similar experience for candidates.
The traditional style of job fairs typically starts with a two-hour line-intensive session where candidates attempt to schedule as many face-to-face interviews with individual school districts as possible for later in the day. This design works well for many school districts and candidates should keep this process in mind as they search. Because of these uncertainties, many districts have moved from interviewing to more of a “meet and greet.” These “meet and greets” will be conducted throughout the day by some school districts. Each district will individually determine their format.
What is a “meet and greet”? The “meet and greet” format is a brief conversation between candidates and districts. It allows recruiters to talk to as many candidates as possible throughout the day. Don’t underestimate the power of a “meet and greet”! Some of these first impression conversations may lead to interviews later in the year.
Not all districts will be seeking candidates across all endorsement areas. Limited information about the district needs will be available prior to the event. Candidates are encouraged to make contacts with as many districts as possible, should openings in their endorsement area become available.
WHATAPPLICANTS SHOULD EXPECT
The CASPA job fairs have a design that is very similar to many of the university job fairs. To maximize the experience for participants, we offer the following information:
- CASPA is the Colorado Association of School Personnel Administrators. Members are human resource directors and other administrators who are responsible for hiring teachers for their respective school districts. Most larger Colorado districts and many of the smaller districts will be represented. Larger districts will have more than one administrator to interview candidates.
- Out-of-state districts will not be represented at the fair.
- The Gallogly Events Center doors at UCCS will open at 8:00 am.
- It is important to plan on attending the job fair for the entire day. The most critical time of the job fair will be from 8:30 am – 10:00 am. Expect lines at some of the larger districts.
- This job fair is an opportunity to talk directly with hiring officials of Colorado school districts. All licensed candidates and those who are scheduled to student teach and complete their teacher education programs in the spring of 2017 are invited to attend.
Due to the nature of this job fair, Southern school districts will not be interviewing individuals seeking employment under Alternative Licensure or Teacher-In-Residence, with the exception made for UCCS ALP students only. To learn more from CDE about the alternative licensure and Teacher-in-Residence programs click here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What do I wear?
Dress professionally but comfortably. You may be doing a lot of standing in lines. Give thought to your attire and the impression you are making.
2. Do I need to arrive before or around 8:00 am?
Yes. The Gallogly Event Center (GEC on Map) doors will be open at 8:00 am for registered teacher candidates. Be prepared to spend the whole day at the job fair to maximize your interview schedule.
3. What do I need to bring?
· An adequate supply of résumés (at least 20, 1-2 pages in length) to share with districts.
· Portfolios are optional. Some districts may want to see them; most will not.
4. Will I have an opportunity to interview?
School districts will be interviewing until 5:00 pm. Opportunities to interview will depend on the district need for your licensure area(s), and the availability of times.
5. Who should attend the job fair?
All in-state and out-of-state licensed candidates, and student teachers who will be completing their education program in the spring of 2017 are welcome to attend the CASPA job fair. Southern school districts will not be interviewing individuals seeking employment under Alternative Licensure or Teacher-In-Residence, with the exception made for UCCS ALP students only
6. What about parking?
There will be ample parking in the garage/lots. Please click here for parking garage (PG) and Campus map. Onsite logistics will be provided closer to the event.
7. Breakfast and Lunch: Breakfast and Lunch will not be served. There is a food court at the University Center on campus. Please note: Please make sure to bring water with you.
8. Can I register onsite?
If space remains, onsite registration will be available Friday morning, March 24, 2017, payable by $20, cash or check.
9. What about cancelling due to weather?
Due to the time of year, cancellation due to weather is possible. In the event that the Colorado Springs area is experiencing blizzard-like conditions, CASE will post an announcement on the CASE website and send out an email letting you know the job fair has been cancelled.
10. What districts will be represented? To learn more about Colorado districts, please click here. (Districts will be added when they register)
- Academy 20 (El Paso County)
- Canon City RE-1 (Fremont County)
- Colorado Springs 11 (El Paso County)
- Falcon 49 (El Paso County)
- Fountain-Fort Carson 8 (El Paso County)
- Greeley 6 (Weld County)
- Harrison 2 (El Paso County)
- Hi-Plains R-23 (Kit Carson County)
- Jefferson County R-1 (Jefferson County)
- Fort Morgan County RE-3 (Morgan County)
- Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning (El Paso County)
Click here to return to the main job fair page