NSPRA is pleased to announce the second Communication Technology Award for Superintendents, presented in partnership with Blackboard.
The Communication Technology Award for Superintendents recognizes a superintendent of a K-12 school system, intermediate unit, BOCES, or County Education Office for leadership in redefining, upgrading, and integrating cutting-edge communication technology to improve and expand outreach and engagement with education stakeholders — both internal and external.
- You must be a superintendent of a K-12 public school system, intermediate unit, BOCES, or County Education Office.
- You must currently be employed by a U.S. or Canadian K-12 public school system.
- Judging will emphasize the type of new communication technology tools that you have added and how you are applying them to communicate with and to engage a variety of audiences.
- Your school district does not have to use the services of Blackboard as a prerequisite to apply, and no purchase is necessary.
- If you are the award winner, we expect you to attend the NSPRA National Seminar in San Antonio, Texas, July 9-12, 2017 and to present a skill session during the Seminar. We will recognize you at a general session.
- During the coming year you may also be asked to participate in a presentation or webinar with Blackboard.
- Your school system has a plan that integrates a strategic technology communication component.
- As a superintendent, you support a culture of transparent, two-way communication.
- You model the use of communication technology for all school administrators and hold all school administrators accountable for effective communication technology.
- You engage in a variety of communication technology tools to improve and expand outreach and engagement with education stakeholders, both internal and external audiences.
- Your communication technology usage is monitored and measured.
Recognition and Awards:
NSPRA will provide complimentary conference registrations to the Seminar and two nights lodging for the recipient and a communication director, if applicable. NSPRA will arrange the lodging. Transportation and meal costs are the responsibility of the recipient.
The deadline to apply is December 15, 2016. Please see the Award brochure for full details. Nominate yourself or a colleague today!
For more information, contact Karen Kleinz, APR, associate director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-519-1221.
The Communication Technology Award for Superintendents program is sponsored by Blackboard. Blackboard, a proud sponsor of NSPRA, believes that communication plays a critical role in bringing together and optimizing all the resources that contribute to student success: communities, families, teachers, administrators, and the students themselves.
Blackboard's K-12 Solutions help districts develop the optimal level of community engagement, and maximizes students’ success across all stages of their educational journey from primary education to college, career, and beyond. For more information visit Blackboard's website.