The primary purpose of education is to provide for the maximum development of children so they may become better, more effective citizens in a democratic society. The purpose of the Colorado Association of Elementary School Principals (CAESP) is to assist in meeting this responsibility through professional organization. To achieve this purpose, the department:
- Provides a forum for cooperative/collaborative studies of various issues affecting pre-kindergarten through grade eight elementary and middle schools.
- Aids in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in Colorado's elementary and middle schools.
- Serves as a center for the connection of ideas and exchange of information among colleagues.
- Cooperates with other professional organizations having similar objectives.
- Encourages, promotes and advances the social, and networking opportunities, and professional development of pre-kindergarten through grade eight elementary and middle school administrators.
- Cooperates with and upholds the purposes of CASE.