|What is a Forum?
CASE Forums are a communication tool to ask industry related questions and share information. Forum discussions are archived and therefore a great resource to check when seeking information. CASE has several Forums on different industry topics and there are also Forums available within Groups of which you may be a member. You can access the CASE Forums from the Members Only section, then selecting Resources and Forums.
If you are a member of a Group (for example CASE Departments, CASE Committees or Staff are Groups) you may also join Group Forums, which are open and accessible only to members of the Group.
How Do I Subscribe to a Forum?
Go to the Forum that you'd like to join or in the appropriate Group. Select which Forum you'd like to join. Each topic under each heading is an individual Forum.
To subscribe to one of the Forums:
- Click the topic of interest.
- Next, select your choice from the Forum Actions menu (see the example below).
- Subscribe to Instant Updates will send you an email every time someone posts a new question or response.
- Subscribe to Digest will email you a daily summary of the Forums posts and responses.
- My Subscriptions & Settings brings you to a summary of all of your Forum subscriptions and settings.
- RSS will allow you to use an RSS reader for the feed, but will still require a log in.
- Top Posters allows you to see who has been most active on the Forum.
How Do I Manage My Forum Settings?
You must first subscribe to a Forum before you are able to set up your Preferences. Once you've subscribed, just click on My Subscriptions & Settings from the Forum Actions menu, or to Forum Settings in Manage Profile.
Once you are in your Forum Settings, you can change your options for Weekly Digests or Instant Updates. You can also create a unique signature for your postings within Forum.
How Do I Post a Question or Response in a Forum?
Click on the Forum Topic that you'd like to participate in and click on the "New Topic" or the "Reply" link at the top.
Rating a Forum Post
You are able to give a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" rating to a Forum post. Just click on the icons at the top of the posts. The more "thumbs up" scores a post has, the more stars it will receive.