Find Your Legislator
Contact Your Legislator
Advocate for Schools
Legislative Process & JBC Members
Education Committee Members
Public Education Landscape
Testing History in Colorado
Standards, Assessments & Their Use
Colorado's Fiscal Challenges
Superintendents' Position Statement on School Finance
CASE School Finance Principles
In the News
CASE is pleased to partner with Great Education Colorado and CASB in organizing school tours for legislators.
Great Ed launched this fall 3-4 pilot experiences to provide Colorado’s lawmakers an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the issues and challenges faced by school districts. The pilot experience would allow legislators to engage with members of the school board, school district administrators and teachers, and parents/community members. The goal of the school visit experience is to allow for substantial conversations with those most impacted by education policy and to allow for collaborative conversations regarding issues facing school districts.
As each district is unique, experiences would vary depending on the needs and capabilities of each district. School districts interested in participating in pilot experiences would host legislators between September and November of this year and report their experiences at future education conferences focused on community engagement and advocacy work to support public education.
- Connect legislators with constituents so they…
- understand how policy decisions impact school communities,
- hear directly from teachers about their daily challenges and potential opportunities should more resources become available,
- engage with parents/community members who speak about their concerns with public education.
- Experience the great things happening in school.
- Convey the urgency of addressing funding issues.
- Identify legislators who want to lead on education issues.
Sue Catterall, Great Ed, email@example.com